miércoles, 3 de noviembre de 2010

green


People learn in school about environmental practices. Generally there are taught. But the truth is that very few is taught in the school. People learn about environmental practices in the Internet or by rock bands (as in the photograph of whatshesaidwas that appears Radiohead frontman). There is very few information about this very complex and important topic in our daily life. I want to buy a compost but I really don’t know where they sell. There are no facilities to care the environment. The "energy saving" bulbs have mercury, and just one of this is more toxic than 100 normal bulbs. the market is not interested in the environment.

I have not incorported any kind of recycling in my home, but I would love. This is because it is very difficult to find information and products to recycle in the normal market.

To move I use the bike, I have traveled almost all Santiago by bicycle. The problem of cycling is that your bike might be stolen when someone cut your chain, but thank God I have a pretty good chain to leave it tied.

I'm not join to any organization. Mainly because I have no time to participate in any of that. But I would love to join a group of that.

To help the environment I try to consume as little as possible. Thus there is less waste. In fact I have a very old computer that barely runs but let me do the work of the university (I have to format it each semester, but no matter because I don’t give more digital garbage to the world.) So I try to reduce my carbon footprint, turn off the lights and my showers are very fast.

In Santiago we need more information on these topics. More campaigns and facilities to recycle (like three garbage collector) or bicycle parking or bike ways. Order to have a greener santiago.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario